Board of Education Meeting Recap - Monday, December 14, 2020 (Regular Meeting)
During the December 14 regular meeting:
- The Board of Education voted to approve all Lansing USD 469 students return to in-person learning on January 5, 2021.
- Those students who have chosen remote learning can still stay in the remote learning mode.
- We will be sending out a survey to parents within the next few days asking parents to choose either in-person or remote learning for their student(s) during second semester. As a reminder, second semester starts February 1, 2021.
- The Board of Education voted to approve the following updated gating criteria when making decisions on in-person versus remote learning due to COVID19:
- This updated criteria moves the two-week county percent positive rate to 15%, matching the recommendation from Leavenworth County Health Department.
- If all three criteria listed at the top of the graph are in the red for two weeks, the Board of Education will convene after the Monday report to discuss the school learning mode. Click here for more information about the Lansing USD 469 Gating Criteria.