Vision, Hearing, and Scoliosis Screenings
|VISION, HEARING, AND SCOLIOSIS SCREENINGS|
USD469 follows the state of Kansas Department of Health and Environment's recommendations for school health screenings.
Hearing Screenings: To identify hearing loss and make appropriate audiological, medical and/or educational referral to maximize hearing and learning potential.
Vision Screenings: For early identification of students with potential vision problems.
Scoliosis Screenings: For early detection of abnormal curvature of the spine.
- Students Screened Annually for Scoliosis:
- Girls 5th & 7th Grade
- Boys 6th & 8th Grade
- Students Screened Annually for Vision & Hearing:
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade, 4th Grade, 6th Grade, 8th Grade, 10th Grade and 12th Grade.
- Early Childhood ages 3-5 attending 2, 3, and 4 day programs.
- All students with an individualized education plan.
- Students with known vision problems or hearing loss.
- Parent or teacher request.