TRANSPORTATION CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
It is the policy of Lansing USD 469 to keep our buses in a clean and sanitary condition.
In an effort to increase the enforcement and consistency of our cleaning measures, especially during this time, our transportation staff will implement the following procedures:
- All bus drivers/monitors will wear masks while around the students
- All students will wear masks
- Students will apply hand sanitizer as they enter bus.
- Student temperatures will be taken as they get on the bus
- If a student has a temperature, and a parent or guardian is not present, the student will be placed in the front of the bus with a face shield and taken straight to the nurse upon arrival at the school.
- Limit 2 students per seat - families will be kept together
- There will be no shuttle to the Intermediate school - all buses will take their own students
- Overflow buses on standby in afternoon at the Middle School
- Only Bus riders will be allowed to ride the bus from the Middle School to the Elementary School in the afternoon - exceptions will be the Teacher's kids. Parents who pick up their students will have to go to that building to pick up their students.
- No friends riding home with friends. Students will have to ride the bus that they are assigned.
- Buses will be disinfected after every route