How to apply for substitute teaching positions
|HOW TO APPLY FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHING|
The Lansing School District values the contribution of our substitute teachers, and we are currently looking for substitutes for the 2021-2022 school year. Our substitutes become employees of Lansing USD469 - we do not use an outsourcing group to fill the positions. We feel this is important to maintaining a personal relationship with our substitute teachers that work in our buildings and classrooms.
In order to be placed on the active substitute list, the following must be on file:
- PLEASE NOTE: All personal documents that you want to be a part of your online application MUST be uploaded into FastTrack by you. USD 469 does not accept any application documents separately. Licensed Applicants, please do not upload credential files for substitute teaching positions.
3. The application program will send you a confirmation email when the process has been completed. You must click on submit for the application to be considered.
4. The District will accept a teaching, standard substitute, or an emergency substitute license.
Applicants applying for a Standard Substitute License will need to apply on the Kansas Department of Education website, http://www.ksde.org. You must hold a degree and have completed a teacher preparation program in order to qualify.
Applicants applying for an initial Kansas Standard Substitute License must complete the online “Regular Substitute Application – Form 5” and order a “Fingerprint Card and Instructions” for the purpose of a KBI and FBI background clearance report. One fingerprint card is also required for applicants whose Kansas License has been expired for 6 months or more.
Applying for an Emergency Substitute License for individuals who have completed a minimum of 60 semester credit hours from a regionally accredited college or a university must print the online “Initial Emergency Substitute Application – Form 8a”. The “Renewal Emergency Substitute Application – Form 8” is an online process only. All applicants applying for an initial Kansas Emergency License must “order a Fingerprint Card and instructions” for the purpose of a KBI and FBI background clearance report. One fingerprint card is also required for applicants whose Kansas license has been expired for 6 months or more. If you have never held an emergency license, you must print and complete the online application and have your college transcripts sent to you. You then mail the application, sealed unopened transcripts and a $60.00 check made out to the Kansas State Department of Education. In addition, you must go to a police station to have the fingerprint cards completed. Once completed, send the fingerprint cards, along with a check for $50.00 to the Kansas State Department of Education. Both applications and the fingerprint card can be accessed on the Kansas Department of Education website at http://www.ksde.org.
Please stop by the district office at 200 E. Mary Street, Lansing, Kansas and complete your substitute packet that contains the following forms:
- Provide a copy of Social Security Card and Driver’s License or passport
- Signed W-4, K-4
- Signed and Notarized Oath
- Current Certification of Health for School Personnel – (TB Test). If you have had a TB test within the past year, we will accept it provided we receive a copy.
- Signed Direct Payroll Deposit Form. You may elect to decline if you prefer to receive a check.
- Child Abuse & Neglect Central Registry Release of Information
- Manual Record Check Request – Please note that each search permits the addition of one alias or maiden name. If the subject of the search has been known by three or more names, then submit a second record check form for the third name.
Before your name can be added on our substitute list, all forms and a copy of you Kansas License must be completed and returned. At that time, you will be issued a substitute photo I.D. Should you have any questions, please call Jan Zoellner at (913)727-1100.