Lansing Early Childhood, Elementary, and Intermediate Staff Participate in Underground Spirit Week!
Lansing USD469 staff at our early childhood, elementary, and intermediate schools had a blast during the week of May 15 to 19 with the first-ever "Underground Spirit Week." Spearheaded by third-grade teacher Amy Turner, staff had fun coming into school each day wearing a different theme.
"I saw this idea on TikTok and thought it would be fun for us to do," said Mrs. Turner. In an email to staff, she shared that it was top secret to see how long the students would take to figure out what the staff was doing.
Each day had a different theme:
- Monday, May 15: Black shirts
- Tuesday, May 16: Mismatched clothes (patterns, colors, etc)
- Wednesday, May 17- Holiday shirt and accessories (example: Valentine's Day shirt and Valentine earrings)
- Thursday, May 18- Everyone wears a crown, tiara, or hat (you could wear Royalty type stuff to go with it)
- Friday, May 19- Hawaiian/Beach Wear
As the week unfolded, the students began to figure out something was amiss. Third-grade students in Mrs. Stevenson's class even created a chart on the board to piece together each day's theme.
It was a fantastic week for students and staff and a great way to end the school year. Students and staff at Lansing Elementary and Lansing Intermediate Schools are participating in another spirit week during the last week of school: