Lansing USD469 Appreciates our Mental Health Team!
Lansing USD469 would like to send a huge thank you to our mental health team consisting of social workers, counselors, and school psychologists who work each day to provide care and compassion and teach our students and staff that it is okay to ask for help.
We chose Monday, November 7th as our Mental Health Team Appreciation Day in honor of National School Psychologist Week and delivered goody bags to each of our mental health professionals.
During the week of November 7-11, 2022, schools throughout the country are celebrating this week to highlight the important work school psychologists do to help students thrive. Some ways you and your family can help raise awareness this week are:
- Monday, 11/7/22 - Reach out to a peer who you don't speak with regularly and learn something new about them.
- Tuesday, 11/8/22 - Reflect on resiliency: Think of a time when you had to overcome a challenge. What did you learn from that experience, and how did it you help you accomplish something today?
- Wednesday, 11/9/22 - Identify one thing you can do for yourself or another that supports personal well-being and prepares you to be a positive contributor to the community.
- Thursday, 11/10/22 - Think about a goal or habit that you have wanted to create. Take one step (no matter how large or small) towards your goal. Identify one community support and one personal quality or "glow" you can engage to propel towards your goal.
- Friday, 11/11/2022 - "As National School Psychology Week comes to a close, we invite you to reflect on how you shined your light and made connections with others to have a positive influence on the community."
To our entire Lansing USD469 Mental Health Team - Christine Bachtel, Derek Thompson, Barb Dayal, Janet Farrar, Maggie Peterson, Jess Wells, Jake Hanson, Wes Cackler, Kristie Wessel, Rebecca Davis, and Kari Anderson - thank you for your outstanding work!