A Back to School Message from Mr. Brungardt
As we begin the new school year, I would like to welcome everyone, but especially our new families to Lansing Middle School. The faculty and staff at Lansing Middle School takes great pride in providing students with a top notch academic experience. We also work hard at the middle school to provide students with the social and emotional tools needed to succeed in our ever changing world. Communication between school and home is essential. If you need to get ahold of me, please do not hesitate to call me at my work phone 913-727-1197 or on my cell phone—913-683-9211. I do not mind being called after hours or on weekends. Making myself available to parents is important, thus my reason for giving you my cell phone number.
Below are a few reminders:
- Monday, 12 August, is a teacher work day. This day is sacred to the teachers as they are readying their classrooms for the upcoming school year. We ask that you don’t tour the building or ask to meet with teachers on this day. Access to the main body of the school—commons, hallways, classrooms, gym, etc. will not be made available. Of course, the LMS office is open for business. LMS office personnel are available to assist or to answer any questions you may have. By all means, feel free to call me (principal) or to schedule a meeting if you have any questions or concerns.
- Wednesday, 14 August, is the first day of school for only 6th grade students and for students new to the district. We have some very “cool” activities planned for our “new” students. Hopefully, at the end of the day, your student will be more relaxed about their new school surroundings. If your student attended Lansing Middle School last year, please do NOT send them to school on 14 August.
- Busses will run as usual for students on Wednesday, 14 August.
- Lansing Middle School will hold an open house for parents on 20 August, at 6:30 PM. I will be sending more information on this in the near future.
- The Lansing Middle School Cheerleaders/Pep Club are sponsoring the first dance of the new school year on 23 August from 7:00 – 9:00 PM. If you are interested in serving as a chaperone, please email Sara Meyers. Her email is as follows: Sara.Meyers@usd469.net. Sara is the Cheerleading Coach and Pep Club Sponsor for Lansing Middle School. Ladies and gentlemen, you have not truly lived until you have attended a middle school dance—LOL.
I look forward to meeting our new parents and partnering with them in their educational journey. I am equally excited about seeing the familiar faces of parents that I have worked with in the past.