Lansing Forensics Team and Repertory Theatre Group impress at state on May 3rd and 4th!
The LHS forensics team and Repertory theatre group had an amazing weekend at 5A state competition on Friday, May 3rd and Saturday, May 4th. The Repertory theatre one-act took a 1-rating Friday, and the Forensics team placed 2nd overall out of 30 schools competing.
- Junior Kate Bircher was a semi finalist in original oratory and took 4th in program of oral interpretation.
- Freshman Hanaa Everett was a semi finalist in original oratory
- Senior Madaline Foster took 4th in original oratory
- Junior Alyssa Wiegers took 6th in original oratory and successfully defended her state champion status as 1st in informative speaking
- Junior Chris Elmer was a semi finalist in informative speaking
- Sophomore Chris LaPee took 7th in informative speaking
- Sophomore Madeline Souser was a semi finalist in informative speaking
- Junior Will Snodgrass defended his champion status taking 1st in humorous interpretation
- Junior Megan Darley took 4th in humorous interpretation
- Freshmen Hadley Poeppel and Allison Muzzy took 16th in Duo interpretation BARELY missing semifinals!
- Senior Salem Clemens took 2nd in Lincoln Douglas Debate
The following students also received 1 ratings:
- Brooklynn Corral in domestic extemporaneous speaking AND prose
- Salem Clemens in domestic Extemp
- Francis Sheehan in dramatic interpretation
- Isaac Papineau in Oral Interpretation of Prose
It was a great weekend to be a lion!