How to "Smart Practice" at home:
1. Play at least 8 measures from your assignment (concert music, technique class assignment, etc.)
2. Improve at least 1 musical element (listed on your goal sheet) in a measure, repeat that measure 3-4 times correctly. You may have to repeat it more often at a slower tempo to get it right = THAT IS OK!
3. Play the entire original section from your assignment again with that correction repaired to show you IMPROVED.
4. Go on to another section of your assignment and repeat the process. Then, play something fun! Movie, pop music, anything!
5. Practice this way at least 4 days a week.