Now accepting applications for Lansing No Fee 4-Year-Old Program
|LANSING NO FEE 4 YEAR OLD PROGRAM|
The Lansing School District is proud to offer a free, state funded preschool opportunity for 4-year-old students living in the district. This five half-day classroom is developmentally appropriate for 4-year-old learning with an emphasis on kindergarten readiness. Students will be exposed to a learning environment where cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and language development are emphasized.
|Is my child eligible?|
To attend the program, students must:
- Be four-years-old on or before August 31 of the year in which they attend preschool.
- Live within the boundaries of the Lansing School District.
- Be able to toilet themselves independently.
Students must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Family qualifies for the free lunch program.
- Family qualifies for reduced lunch support (Note: limited seats available).
- Custodial parent is unmarried at the time of enrollment.
- Student has been referred by the Division of Children’s Services for educational services.
- At least one parent was a teen when the student was born.
- At least one parent is lacking a GED or high school diploma at the time of enrollment.
- Student qualifies for services under the homelessness program.
- Student has limited English proficiency based on assessments.
- Student qualifies for services under the Migrant Education Program.
- Student is developmentally delayed based on assessments but not at the level of qualifying for special education services.
|How do I apply?|
If you are interested in your child participating in this program, to determine eligibility please complete an application.
Please fill out the application (link above) and return to:
|If my child does not qualify for the No Fee 4 Year Old Program, what are my options?|
The Lansing School District offers a peer modeling program in its special education early childhood classrooms. Students must go through the child find screening to be considered for the peer-model program. There is a monthly cost. A calendar for Child Find can be found here.