|Messages from the Superintendent|
December 18, 2018
Parents, Guardians, and Colleagues:
Our first semester of the school year is nearly over and, thanks to you and our students, it has been tremendously successful! I wanted to share an update with you about some exciting school district news.
After gathering input and advice from various stakeholder groups, we are planning to add a few positions next year. Those positions include an additional counselor for grades K-5 and one for LHS. Other new positions at LES and LMS will work with teachers and students within our Multi-Tier Systems of Support (MTSS) program to make sure students improve and maintain their College and Career Readiness skills. We hope to add more of those positions in the next few years.
Our new website is nearing completion and we will send you an email with more information as soon as it’s live. The new site is very mobile-friendly, includes an app, and allows teachers, sponsors, and coaches to maintain their own site if they wish. We will use it to constantly update you about school information and will include photos and videos.
The school board recently approved a few policy revisions at LHS relating to dress code and late work policies. Those changes will take effect this coming semester and LHS administration will communicate the details to you.
As always, please let me know if I can be of any service. On behalf of the Lansing USD 469 Board of Education, thank you for your support and we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- 05-29-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF- LHS Principal Hired and Family Engagement Survey (Posted 6-5-2018)
- 05-18-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF - End of Year Information (Posted 5-22-2018)
- 04-9-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF - KESA and Funding (Posted 5-22-2018)
- 03-2-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF - Annual Food Charity Drive and School Safety (Posted 5-22-2018)
- 02-15-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF - School Safety (Posted 2-27-2018)
- 02-13-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF- Lansing Intermediate School Update (Posted 2-27-2018)
- 01-24-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF - School Board Appreciation (Posted 2-27-2018)
- 01-10-2018 Message from the Superintendent PDF- Inclement Weather Reminder and Intermediate School Update (Posted 1-10-2018)