Attention Parents, Staff, Students, and Community Members: LAST CHANCE To Play an Integral Part in Shaping the Future of Lansing USD469!
Lansing USD469 is about to embark on a Strategic Plan Process to outline what our district wants to achieve in the future and how we plan to get there. Community involvement is imperative to this process, so we are asking parents, students, staff, and community members to consider volunteering their time to participate in the Lansing USD469 Strategic Plan Process.
If interested, the time commitment will be two full days. The first day will be Monday, September 19, and the second day will be Wednesday, January 4, 2023.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available on these two dates and are interested in being considered for helping shape the future of Lansing USD469. The last day to sign up is Wednesday, September 14th.
Meeting 1: Monday, September 19, 9 am - 3 pm, Lansing High School Gymnasium
- Participants will hear updates on “State of the School District” so all participants have similar background information to prepare them for the activities that will be completed through the process.
- Participants will move through facilitated stations throughout the day to provide feedback and ask questions. Stations include:
- Review of student performance data
- Review of other strategic plans to provide feedback and review examples
- Discussion of needs related to staffing, recruitment, and retention
- Discussion of student success and school improvement/accreditation initiatives
- Discussion of district/community communication efforts
- Feedback from these breakouts will be reviewed in order to determine key areas of focus or “Goal Areas.”
Meeting 2: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 9 am - 3 pm, Lansing High School Gymnasium
- Participants will work in one of the determined focus area committees and will help develop action steps and measurable success criteria to ensure the district is taking clear action steps to achieve goal areas.
- Groups will share their recommended action steps and seek feedback from other groups.