New Lansing High School Principal, Dr. Alan Penrose, Meets with Students and Staff on Friday, April 29th
Dr. Alan Penrose, who will be replacing Principal Rob McKim next school year, visited Lansing High School on Friday, April 29th, to meet with students and staff. He spent the first 30 minutes of his day sitting in on the student advisory group meeting with Principal McKim. The student advisory group is similar to a site council and is made up of a group of students who provide a feedback loop for the principal.
Several of the students asked Dr. Penrose some excellent questions regarding the transition:
- Why do you think Lansing would be a good fit?
- How do you handle conflict within the school?
- How will you help maintain an inclusive school community?
- We are trying to create more inclusive clubs in LHS. How will you work to keep current clubs running?
- What are your leadership/communication strategies for staff/students?
Dr. Penrose answered the students' questions, assuring them that his goal is to support and continue to build the connections between staff and students.
After meeting with the students, Dr. Penrose made himself available in the library to teachers and staff who were able to come to talk during their plan times and recorded a video clip with Principal McKim of the April edition of LHS 101.