A Message from Superintendent Dan Wessel Regarding Remaining 2020-2021 School Year Schedule
Dear Parents and Guardians,
At last night's regular Board of Education meeting, the Lansing USD 469 school board voted on and approved the following changes to the remaining 2020-2021 school year schedule:
- Early Childhood has no change in schedule.
- Grades Kindergarten - 5 will be returning to a five day (Monday - Friday) in-person schedule starting this week. All in-person students through grade five will be learning on-site this Friday, April 16, 2021.
- Students in grades 6 - 12 will be in-person Monday – Thursday. Fridays will be teacher collaboration days, and teachers will be available to meet with students who need assistance on Fridays.
- Remote students will continue to be able to learn virtually.
- The last day of school for all students has been moved up to Thursday, May 27, 2021.
- Monday, April 26, 2021 will remain a Professional Development day, and there will be no school for students.
- Friday, May 28, 2021 will be a teacher work day.
- There will no longer be any lunch deliveries on Fridays.
- Early Childhood - Grade 5 bus schedules will stay the same Monday - Friday.
As a reminder, these changes were necessary due to Kansas Legislature Senate Bill 63, which "enacts the back to school act to require school districts to provide a full-time, in person attendance option for all students beginning March 31, 2021, for school year 2020-2021."
I want to thank our Lansing USD 469 Board of Education for their time and dedication in making the best decisions for our students under the circumstances. I was overall pleased with the outcome and feel this schedule is an excellent solution for our students.
Building administrators will be sending more specific information regarding your student's school, so watch Skyward/Seesaw for more information.
Thank you for your continued support,