Board of Education Meeting Recap - Monday, November 9, 2020 (Regular Meeting)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2020 RECAP
During the November 9 meeting:
- Superintendent Dan Wessel gave budget projections to the Board of Education.
- The Board of Education discussed positive COVID-19 cases in our district:
- As of 11/9/20, we have had 30 positive cases with 146 close contacts.
- Reviewed process once a student or staff member tests positive:
- School district gets notice of positive case within the school.
- Our district nurse coordinator will begin the contact tracing by communicating with the school's principal.
- Lansing USD 469 will then provide the health department with the list of close contacts.
- The health department investigates to make final determination on who should quarantine.
- Close contacts are notified by school district and/ or Leavenworth County Health Department (depending on timing of when the district is notified).
- If school district contacts the individual before the health department, that individual should self-quarantine until health department makes final determination on whether or not they should quarantine. Teachers are given lists of students who could have been considered a close contact, so those students can't attend school until health department releases them.
- As of Monday, 11/9/20, Leavenworth County is in the red in all three categories.
- School board will make determination on whether or not we will go fully remote if the Leavenworth County COVID19 cases do not improve.
- We are asking parents to please have a contingency plan if that happens.
- The board discussed the second semester schedule. As of right now, the schedule will stay the same (Monday – Thursday in-person / Friday – remote).
- Superintendent Dan Wessel will be sending a survey to staff to gather staffing needs throughout the district.
To view the November 9th Regular BOE Meeting in its entirety, visit:
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be held Monday, December 14, 2020 at 6:00pm.