Board of Education Meeting Recap - Monday, September 14, 2020 (Regular Meeting)
During the September 14 meeting, The Lansing USD 469 Board of Education:
1. Approved the 5-Year Professional Development Plan.
2. Ratified the Negotiated Agreement between the teachers and the school district. New items included:
- Teacher coverage when classes have to be split.
- Added another teacher preparation day at the beginning of the year.
- Increased the amount of money available for tuition reimbursement.
- There was no increase to the base pay, but teachers received what we call “steps and columns.” From our salary schedules, teachers received an $803 raise for an additional year of service (step) and an additional $1,607 if they received another education to move across the schedule (column).
3. Tentatively scheduled a Joint meeting with the Lansing City Commission. It will be held Oct 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM. Our regularly scheduled meeting that day will be at 7:00 PM.
4. Reviewed the 2019-2020 goal progress. Highlights of some of the goals accomplished include:
- Increase starting salary for classified staff
- Long range spending plan for capital improvements
- K-5 English Language Arts (ELA) resource adoption
- Teacher Mentoring Program revamp
- District Wide Late Start and YMCA partnership
- Bus and Vehicle Rotation.
5. Discussed how the reopening of schools have went.
6. Adopted a line that building administrators can allow for students to move from remote learning to in person if there is a hardship.
7. Discussed Class Size, remote learning, cleaning and transportation
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be held Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:00pm.