August 1, 2020 - Reopening Update from Superintendent Dan Wessel with ROARS plan
The last week was a very busy one in Lansing Schools. Below are the highlights from the most important changes to our current school year. Remember that to get the most up-to-date information about our district, download the free Lansing USD469 app on the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android).
To access the app, mobile users can link on the appropriate link below:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.socs.usd469
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lansing-usd-469/id1453887251
- On Monday, July 27, 2020, the USD469 School Board voted to delay the start of school to September 9, 2020. Information about the delay and an updated school calendar can be found at https://www.usd469.net/vnews/display.v/ART/5f20350453dd5
- The Re-Open And Ready for Students! (ROARS) plan was approved with minor changes at the school board meeting Thursday, July 30, 2020. The most up to date plan can be found here. There will be more updates to the plan as the conditions in our community continue to change. The main decision was to open with two options for parents. We ask that your choice of options be made by August 10, 2020 for the entire first semester for planning purposes.
- In-Person Learning with 4 days in person Monday through Thursday and 1 day Remote Learning on Friday.
- Remote Learning Only that will go 5 days a week.
- Online registration for returning students will be open August 3, 2020. Information about registration can be found at https://www.usd469.net/vnews/display.v/ART/5f0f5d9a8ca8b. There is the question about which delivery option you select during online registration. New student enrollment to the district is now open and can be found at link above.
Our leadership teams of teachers, staff and administrators have been hard at work over the summer preparing for the ReOpening of Lansing Schools. Conditions continue to change, and we continue to assess the best way forward every day for the students in Lansing. The plans we have put forward give what our District Leadership Team felt to be the best options with current information for our students, staff, and community. These decisions are trying, and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Please let me know how I can best serve you and your family.