All Placement Decisions Occur Through Neighborhood Schools
Direct Enrollment Not Available
Located in the Lansing Special Education Administrative Building
210 E. Mary Street, Lansing, KS 66043
Coordinator: Dr. Sandy VanCise
About New Beginnings
To build a brighter future for students by providing positive learning experiences while meeting individual needs in a safe and caring environment to ensure that all students become responsible and productive citizens.
All students will experience academic achievement by being proficient in core subject areas by setting high expectations. Students will have mutual respect for each other, staff and community.
- Positive learning experiences
- All students proficient in math and reading
- Increase parental involvement
- Return students to their home schools
- Improve facilities
- Professional learning community
- Highly qualified staff
- Transition planning
- Service learning
Leavenworth County School of New Beginnings is a day program designed to assist students in becoming accountable for their own personal actions and choices by providing:
- clear expectations
- appropriate logical consequences
- support for positive behavioral change-BIST
- small student to staff ratio
- motivation system to teach appropriate social skills
- appropriate accommodations
- a therapeutic environment
Curriculum and Instruction
The current curriculum used at New Beginnings includes Direct Instruction for Reading, Language Arts and Math. This program engages all learners and before proceeding to the next lesson, all students must reach mastery at his/her current level.
All students participate in District and State Assessments provided by their home school.
Why is New Beginnings a great place?
- Dynamic people
- Low student/teacher ratio
- Structured Environment
- Motivation System
- Social Skills
- Paraprofessional support
- Highly qualified teachers
- Active teacher leadership
- Service Learning Opportunities
- Transition services