LANSING SPECIAL EDUCATION
210 E. Mary
Lansing, KS 66043
Mary Alice Schroeger, Director of Special Education/New Beginnings/LINCS
913-727-1100 extension 1500
Ron Malcolm, Assistant Director of Special Education/New Beginnings/LINCS
Vanessa Bender, Secretary
Office Hours: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Please find the link below for the District Activities Calendar. Once you click the link you will be leaving the USD #469 website.
Lansing Special Education
News & Events
Autism Parent Group
Lansing Special Education Early Childhood Program
Appointment Dates: 8/12, 9/9, 10/14, 11/4, 12/2, 1/6, 2/3, 3/3, 4/7, 5/12. 6/9
Please call 913-727-1755 to schedule an appointment.
If you have questions regarding enrollment, please visit the enrollment page
by clicking here or by contacting your school building directly.
Early Childhood will enroll online.
School of New Beginnings please contact your home district Director of Special Education.
Students with disabilities and exceptionalities moving to the Lansing District with an individualized educational plan (IEP) from another school district in Kansas, another state or country:
- Lansing School District offers similar special education programming and related services at each school. The majority of Lansing students with IEPs attend their home schools. Students with more significant needs may attend a host program.
- Programs are offered for students with a learning disability, autism, emotional and behavioral disorders, deafness, blindness, other health impairments, speech and language disorders, intellectual delays, orthopedic conditions, as well as gifted students.
- As soon as a home is purchased or leased within the Lansing School District, it is important to make contact with the appropriate school principal or school psychologist. Your timely contact will assist the school’s educational team in working with you and your student to determine the most appropriate placement. Be sure to bring a copy of your student’s most recent IEP and evaluation report.
- The school’s educational team will review the IEP from your student’s previous school district, and they will work with you to implement programming that meets the special education needs of your student.
- All decisions regarding services and programming are made at the school level by the IEP team, which includes the parents and/or guardian of the student.
Special Education Services (Birth to 3, 3-5 years, and 18-21 years)
- Lansing participates in the Tiny-K Early Intervention Services for infants and toddlers. If your child is between the ages of birth and three, and you need assistance with a disability, please call 913-250-1111.
- Lansing School District offers an Early Childhood Program. Services are available for children with disabilities age three to five (prior to entry into kindergarten). Please call 913-727-1755 if your child is between the ages of three and five and has not started kindergarten. Assistance is available to determine if your child meets requirements for Early Childhood services. Please see development screening flyer on this page.
- Lansing also participates in a program (LINCS) for students ages 18-21, who have met the requirements for graduation from high school, but who have not met their IEP goals. Please call 913-727-1755 for assistance regarding the LINCS program.