SPECIAL EDUCATION ENROLLMENT
Students will enroll online by their neighborhood grade level building.
Early Childhood will also enroll online.
If you have enrollment questions, please contact Amanda Brown at 913-727-1100.
School of New Beginnings returning students please contact
Vanessa Bender at 913-727-1755 for additional information.
*Special Education students placed in Lansing programs by other districts must enroll in their home districts first.
Special Education Services (Grades K-12)
Students with disabilities and exceptionalities moving to the Lansing District with an individualized educational plan (IEP) from another school district in Kansas, another state or country:
- Lansing School District offers similar special education programming and related services at each school. The majority of Lansing students with IEPs attend their home schools. Students with more significant needs may attend a host program that is located in a separate location within the Leavenworth County Special Education Cooperative.
- Programs are offered for students with a learning disability, autism, emotional and behavioral disorders, deafness, blindness, other health impairments, speech and language disorders, intellectual delays, orthopedic conditions, as well as gifted students.
- As soon as a home is purchased or leased within the Lansing School District, it is important to make contact with the appropriate school counselor or school psychologist. Your timely contact will assist the school’s educational team in working with you and your student to determine the most appropriate placement. Be sure to bring a copy of your student’s most recent IEP and evaluation documents.
- The school’s educational team will review the IEP and evaluation from your student’s previous school district, and they will work with you to implement programming that meets the special education needs of your student.
- All decisions regarding services and programming are made at the school level by the IEP team, which includes the parents and/or guardian of the student.
Special Education Services (Birth to 3, 3-5 years, and 18-21 years)
- For birth to age three (3), Lansing participates in the Tiny-K Early Intervention Services for infants and toddlers. If your child is between the ages of birth and three, and you need assistance with a disability, please call 913-250-1111.
- Lansing School District offers an Early Childhood Program. Services are available for children with disabilities age three to five (prior to entry into kindergarten). Please call 913-727-1755 if your child is between the ages of three and five and has not started kindergarten to set up an appointment. Assistance is available to determine if your child meets requirements for Early Childhood services. For Early Childhood Developmental Screening dates please click here.
- Lansing also participates in a program (LINCS) for students ages 18-21, who have met the requirements for graduation from high school, but who have not met their IEP goals. Please call 913-727-1755 for assistance regarding the LINCS program.