SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
The Lansing School District is accepting applications school bus drivers. We are looking for applicants who are willing to be committed to safety and customer service. Our school bus drivers must have a genuine, caring attitude for children.
Drivers must be no less than twenty-one years of age.
- Experience preferred or will train. K.A.R. 91-38-6 (d)(2)(A)
- Drivers must hold a valid CDL license with a passenger endorsement (or be capable of acquiring). K.A.R. 91-38-6 (a) (1), (2), and (3). USD 469 will train if necessary.
- Drivers must be of good moral character.
REQUIREMENTS UPON OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
Drivers must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug test (no felony convictions involving another person, or any crime involving a child or any major traffic violations). K.A.R. 91-38-6 (b)(1)(2) and (4)
- Drivers must pass a DOT physical examination. K.A.R 91-38-6 (G)(1) and (2)
- Drivers are required to attend all driver meetings as announced by the Director of Transportation. K.A.R. 91-38-3)(c) (1),(2), (4) and (5)
- Drivers must maintain current First Aid/CPR Certification or be capable of acquiring. K.A.R. 91-38-6 (d)(2)(B) and (C)
- Drivers will attend a Vehicle Accident Prevention Course approved by KSDE as needed. K.A.R 91-38-6(e)(1)
To apply, go to http://applitrack.com/usd469/onlineapp/. Should you have any questions, please call Jim Slapper, Transportation Director, at 913-250-0749.
If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, please visit the Bus Barn at 1102 Industrial Park for assistance. Call 913-250-0749 to make an appointment.
When applying for any job posting at Lansing USD 469 Applitrack, you must click on the SUBMIT BUTTON FOR THE SPECIFIC JOB NUMBER TO BE CONSIDERED.